Friday, March 6, 2009

Babysitting 4 Kids!

So Shawn and Heather went to Nauvoo last weekend and I watched their kids. We had a pretty fun and eventful time. On Friday when I got there Hannah had a 103 temperature and wasn't feeling too good. The other kids were ecstatic to see me and wanted to show and tell me all of the new things of theirs that I haven't seen before. Caleb was a little uneasy at first but turned out to be connected to me and actually saying my name! (Before whenever I would say "say Kassie" he would say "LANDON!!" so it was a successful visit! haha)
We had to stay entertained because if the kids were bored they would let me know! haha So we did all kinds of things like watched the dances Sarah and Weston made up...
gave Caleb a Mohawk...
went to visit Landon at the Gateway and watched the water show...
played games at the apple store while we waited for Landon's phone to get fixed...went downtown to see a play and rode the "rain" (train) as Caleb would say...We crammed a lot into one weekend! After we got home from the play Hannah told me, "I'm gonna puke!" and ran into the bathroom and did exactly that. And then she did it once an hour that whole night. It wasn't too bad after I changed the sheets twice and then decided to make her a bed by the toilet. She would fall right back to sleep after she would do her deed but I can't say the same for me. I didn't sleep much that night but it was okay. The next day she was pretty weak so we painted nails and did hair to make her feel better.The overall weekend was pretty fun and I'm glad I could help out! Heather said that it would be the best kind of birth control and I don't disagree at all! hahaha I love her kids but there's no way I could do that everyday! It makes me grateful for all moms everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Where were you when my kids were little???You're an awesome cousin.....Lucky me, I'm getting an awesome daughter huh! Love ya.
    Fun pictures. Isn't Landon cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I can just see her saying that! Especially after her saying to me "Will you hold me, I have no body fat, I'm cold!" And yes, you are getting an awesome daughter.:) love ya! Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely have to agree Landon is pretty cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL! You are good. Four kids over night wow. Love ya tons Laura Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks kassie!!! we totally love and appreciate you! sorry you got such a real impression of our life... hope everything is great in yours. Do you want to babysit? :)

    ReplyDelete