Monday, March 30, 2009

Parties, Prizes, and Powder

I went out to Provo again this weekend. I got there Friday night grabbed some Spoon Me with Aubree and Lauren, then headed to Marissa's house. My cousin Marissa invited me to go to her party she was having at her house. I was a little hesitant because she's 15 lol. It was actually really fun. We watched twilight and then played truth or dare. I haven't played that since I was 15 I think hahaha.

Saturday morning I met up with Lauren and Aubree again at Chipotle :) I love that place. I remember so many times meeting up with them at Chipotle in California. Funny how things change but stay the same! So I had been wanting to go to this Bridal show at Thanksgiving Point so we decided to go... It was pretty interesting. There were a lot of vendors there with different things to offer. I got some pretty cool ideas. The best part of the show was that I won a free engagements session with Green Apple Photography!! I'm obsessed with her pictures! http://www.greenapplephotography.blogspot.com/. We went and tried on more wedding dresses and it helped but I'm still not for sure if I have the one! I totally would if it wasn't so much money...

Aubree told me about this thing in Spanish Fork she wanted to go to called the Festival of Colors. It was at the Hare Krishna Temple. This festival represents the passing of winter into spring, "Holi". Traditionally, colored powder or water is thrown to signify the joy and colors of spring arriving. It was soooo fun!! I really felt like I was a Hippie at a cleaner version of Woodstock or something. It was insane how many people were there. I wasn't there for the beginning powder throw and I am sort of glad. People said they were breathing in the chalk for about 7 minutes. No thank you! By the time it would have settled to my level it would have been like 10 minutes! lol
It was one of the coolest experiences!










My Hair!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a full day on Sat!!! Fun! Yeah this comming weekend in Provo will be different than last! LOL! I have given you the Honest Scrap, coome to my blog to see it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to that photography link....those pictures are wonderful, how exciting for you to have won that. Have fun, and make sure you post some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun day!!! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete