Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We are engaged!!

Wow it's still weird to say it out loud! Okay so here's how it happened but this is just my point of view and my feelings so sorry if its too many details...

First of all Landon was supposed to go back East Monday but had a little mishap with the ticket dates :) So he came over and I was still in my pajamas and he was a little frustrated and was rushing me (now I understand why, and if I would have had a heads up on what would be happening later that day I might have been a little faster lol). So after I got ready we went to Swaseys and bought some food to make for lunch. Once we got to his house he suggested going on a picnic. So we packed up our food and went on a four-wheeler ride just behind his house. I know what you are all thinking... you totally knew it was coming right? Well I told Landon that as soon as he was all romantic one day, I was totally gonna know but he said that maybe he would fake me out a few times first. So I just thought it was gonna be just a plain romantic lunch haha. He wasn't even supposed to be in town so how would he have planned this and why wouldn't he have proposed before he left if he actually had a ring?? haha well despite my pessimistic attitude he surprised me. So I haven't been feeling very good, so we were laying on the rock after lunch just talking. He sat up real quick and reached into his pocket. I was pretty confused and got nervous. He took his phone out of his pocket and said, "Oh I just missed a call." haha. Landon just bought new True Religions and he asked me, " hey does your pants have this little pocket?" (the little pocket inside the big pocket on the front of your pants) and I said "yaaa". He said "how deep does it go?". Then he reached in his pants and pulled out the ring. He had a huge smile on his face and said. "Kassie Lynn Fausett will you marry me?" (I just had a huge adrenaline rush just typing that!!) I gave him a huge hug which was kinda scary cause we were close to falling off the rock haha. Of course I was crying but I couldn't stop smiling! There is no doubt in my mind that we are meant to be together for time and all eternity!

We both wanted to take pictures of the moment so here is one we took after the proposal!!! I love my ring!!

It's funny looking back at the day because he was so antsy and nervous but I really didn't notice then!

Ya we don't know any details but we are aiming for getting married this June, hopefully sometime this summer in the Salt Lake Temple :) I'll let you know when I know more!
I'm so excited to be Kassie Nelson!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. Very nice ring. Well done, Landon.

    June? Seriously? Are you sure you didn't fall off that rock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! When mom saw your ring she's like it's beautiful, (big, she didn't say that tho) I'm not surprised:)I love that picture! Mom sent it to the 4th Ward Email group with your "announcement":)(we don't have one for the new ward)People were so excited! Sister Huisken was like: I still imagine her as 6 in my primary class! Guess it's time to move on:)
    CONGRATS! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that is awesome congratulations. Love a tons Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are engaged!!!! i love you and im soo happy for you and i will be your family whenever you need me duh im your best friend haha ahhhh your getting married!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way excited to have another sister! Love ya tons! We are very glad to have you in our family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Kassie, this is your soon to be Auntie Annie. Jade and I met you at Fort Bridger. Just so you know who is posting at you.

    ReplyDelete